Basque Cherry Cake
- 8 cups cherry jam
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and butter.
- Beat in the eggs and knead into a ball.
- Let the dough sit for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the ball of dough in half and spread with a rolling pin to make two circles.
- Place one of the two dough circles in the CRISTEL® frying pan and spread jam on it.
- Cover with the other dough circle, then pinch the edges together and brush with egg yolks.
- Place the pan in the oven making sure to remove the handle. Bake for 30 minutes.