Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Cut the beef into large 1-inch cubes if needed.
- Peel carrots and onions, then slice the carrots.
- Wash the button mushrooms.
- Heat the Castel’Pro stockpot to 2/3 of the maximum power of your source of heat, and test the heat using the 'water drop' technique. When the stockpot is hot, add the pieces of meat and brown them. Brown each side and then repeat this step for all of the pieces of meat.
- Add the carrot slices and onions and brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour the red wine and beef stock.
- Bring to a boil, then add thyme and garlic cloves, then add the lid.
- Place the stockpot in the oven for 2 hours 45 minutes.
Season after removing from the oven. You can add a tablespoon of red berry jam.