Cushion of Veal, Parsley and Baby Vegetable Crumble
- 1 lb 12 oz cushion of veal
- 2 red onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3.5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash vegetables and peel onions. Quarter the bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini into rings.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes in half.
- Heat the Casteline Cristel® stainless steel 11 inch frying pan to medium high for two minutes and test the heat using the 'water drop' technique
- Making the crumble:
Mix the parsley, breadcrumbs, flour and softened butter in a bowl with your fingertips to achieve a sandy texture.
- Place the meat in the frying pan and wait until it peels away naturally.
- Once browned, remove the meat and add the oil to the pan. Add the vegetables and brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat back to the pan and sprinkle the crumble on top. Transfer the pan to the oven, remove the handle and bake for 10 minutes.