Lamb and Potato Bake
1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 lb 12 oz of diced shoulder of lamb
- 1 lb 5 oz early potatoes
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 320°F. Wash and dry potatoes, then dice them.
- Heat the sauté pan to 2/3 of the maximum power of your stove, and test the heat using the 'water drop' technique.
- Brown the meat, then reserve.
- Add onions and brown for 2 min, then return the meat to the pan.
- Add rosemary, turmeric and deglaze with 10 fl oz water.
- Season with salt and pepper, add potatoes and cook for about 1 hour in the oven, with a lid.
- Increase the temperature to 390°F. Stir the ingredients a bit, remove the lid and cook for 10 more minutes to brown the potatoes.