Mushroom Risotto with Basil and Parmesan
- 1 ½ cup of Arborio rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth (organic)
- 1 ½ cup dried porcini mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 3 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup of fresly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse ricewith coldwater to removeexcess starch.
- Rehydrate porcini mushrooms by dipping them in a bowl of warm water for 10 min.
- Pour olive oil in a Cristel saucepan and place on medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic. Add rehydrated mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the chicken broth. Stir well.
- Addrice andsecond half ofchicken broth in the saucepan. Stir well.
- Cook over medium heat until the rice is cooked for about 20 minutes.
- Add cut in a chiffonade basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.
Cristel products used for the recipe