Roasted of Beef in a Red Wine Sauce
Perfect for Roaster and the 7.5 Qt. Stockpot, 5 Qt. and 7 Qt. Pasta basket.
· 3 lb. boneless beef roast (eye round roast or loin)
· 4 shallots sliced
· 1 lb 8oz. petite or baby potatoes
· 1 cup of Red wine (Malbec, Pinot Noir)
· Herbs: 2 branches of Tarragon, 4 Bay leaves, 10 branches of Thyme, 2 branches of Sage.
· 3 garlic cloves sliced
· 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
· 1 Tablespoon of unbleached organic flour
· 2 cups of water
· 11 oz. of fresh chopped tomatoes
· Salt, pepper.
- Preheat the oven on 350°F or 170°C.
- Wash potatoes in the Pasta basket under running water then place it into the Stockpot and cover with water. Bring to simmering and cook for about 7 minutes. Drain with the Pasta basket.
- Chop fresh tomatoes, slice shallots and garlic cloves.
- Place the beef on the rack, add potatoes, tomatoes, shallots, garlic cloves, herbs and water in the roaster.
- Place the Roaster in the oven and cook for 45 min.
- Remove beef from the rack and wrap it with aluminum foil. Place the potatoes aside in a bowl.
- Add Dijon mustard and red wine in the Roaster. Put back in the oven for 5 min.
- Remove herbs, add the flour to thicken the sauce, season with salt and pepper. Put back in the oven for 5 additional minutes or place on the cooktop on medium heat.
- Carve the beef and serve with potatoes with the red wine sauce.