Why shouldn't I use bleach or chlorinated care products to clean my CRISTEL® utensils?
It can be poisonous if ingested
Bleach is a poison when ingested and it is, therefore, strongly advisable not to use it to clean utensils that come into contact with food.
As with any chlorinated product, bleach can damage stainless steel through a reaction known as "pitting corrosion": in the event of contact, small holes will rapidly form that will make your utensil unusable.
Any chlorinated cleaning products, including bleach, should never be used to care for your stainless utensils.