Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 sweet peppers (green, long)
- 4 tomatoes (or 1 box tomato pulp)
- 2-3 onions
- 3 garlic cloves (not peeled, crushed with a knife, may be removed after cooking)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Thyme, 1 leaf of laurel, salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Espelette pepper powder (10 minutes before the end of cooking), to taste Optional, but preferred for a taste of Basque Country
- 1 beaten egg (optional, for smoothness)
- IMPORTANT: 1 sugar lump (to remove acidity from the tomatoes)
Eat hot with meat, fish and a starch side dish or cold on toasted garlic bread as an appetizer.
It is even better the next day!