- Put the flour and the salt into the mixer bowl (or a round-bottomed mixing bowl) and mix to properly incorporate the salt (the salt must be mixed in properly so that it doesn't come into direct contact with the yeast).
- Dilute the yeast with a little water.
- Add it to the center of the flour mixture along with the rest of the water and the olive oil.
- Knead for 1 minute on low speed then for 2 minutes more on a higher speed.
- Leave your bread dough to rise at room temperature for 30 to 40 mins. with a moist kitchen towel over the bowl.
- Deflate the dough by pressing on it with your fist, then form back into a ball.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the Dutch oven lightly with flour and place the ball of dough inside.
- Using a knife, make incisions on the top of the dough to form a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle flour over the top and place the lid on the Dutch oven. Leave at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Place the Dutch oven in a 230°C oven, without preheating, for 45 minutes. Once baked, open the lid of the Dutch oven to allow the bread to cool and to prevent it from becoming soggy.
Cristel products used for the recipe