Crusty Dutch-Oven Bread
- 250 g of cake-making flour
- 160 g of warm water
- 10 g of fresh yeast if possible
- 5 g of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Put the flour and the salt into the mixer bowl (or a round-bottomed mixing bowl) and mix to properly incorporate the salt (the salt must be mixed in properly so that it doesn't come into direct contact with the yeast).
- Dilute the yeast with a little water.
- Add it to the center of the flour mixture along with the rest of the water and the olive oil.
- Knead for 1 minute on low speed then for 2 minutes more on a higher speed.
- Leave your bread dough to rise at room temperature for 30 to 40 mins. with a moist kitchen towel over the bowl.
- Deflate the dough by pressing on it with your fist, then form back into a ball.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the Dutch oven lightly with flour and place the ball of dough inside.
- Using a knife, make incisions on the top of the dough to form a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle flour over the top and place the lid on the Dutch oven. Leave at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Place the Dutch oven in a 230°C oven, without preheating, for 45 minutes. Once baked, open the lid of the Dutch oven to allow the bread to cool and to prevent it from becoming soggy.