Roasted of Beef in a Red Wine Sauce
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 60 min
- 3 lb. boneless beef roast (eye round roast or loin)
- 4 shallots sliced
- 1 lb 8oz. petite or baby potatoes
- 1 cup of Red wine (Malbec, Pinot Noir)
- Herbs: 2 branches of Tarragon, 4 Bay leaves, 10 branches of Thyme, 2 branches of Sage.
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of unbleached organic flour
- 2 cups of water
- 11 oz. of fresh chopped tomatoes
- Salt, pepper.
Preheat the oven on 350°F or 170°C.
Wash potatoes in the Pasta basket under running water then place it into the Stockpot and cover with water. Bring to simmering and cook for about 7 minutes.
Drain with the Pasta basket.
Chop fresh tomatoes, slice shallots and garlic cloves.
Place the beef on the rack, add potatoes, tomatoes, shallots, garlic cloves, herbs and water in the roaster.
Place the Roaster in the oven and cook for 45 min.
Remove beef from the rack and wrap it with aluminum foil. Place the potatoes aside in a bowl.
Add Dijon mustard and red wine in the Roaster. Put back in the oven for 5 min.
Remove herbs, add the flour to thicken the sauce, season with salt and pepper.
Put back in the oven for 5 additional minutes or place on the cooktop on medium heat.
Carve the beef and serve with potatoes with the red wine sauce.
| Posted on May 18 2022